Please download the age appropriate work permit below and complete in ink. Once you have fully completed Section I and the employer has fully completed Section II
email the form to Mrs. Rondello (LRondello@birmingham.k12.mi.us). The form will be emailed back to you or you may arrange to pick it up from the front security entrance on Thirteen Mile Road between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on school days.
After the last day of school you may continue to use the process above (email only) or hardcopy work permits may be taken to the BEAC at 31301 Evergreen Rd., Beverly Hills, MI 48025 for authorization.
- Work permit for student under the age of 16 years - PRINT IN LANDSCAPE
- Work permit for student age 16 and 17 years
THERE CAN BE NO BLANKS WHEN THE PERMIT IS SUBMITTED. PERMITS WITH MISSING INFORMATION WILL BE RETURNED TO THE STUDENT FOR FULL COMPLETION AND DELAY THE PROCESS.
Updates as of March 24, 2021
- The amended law allows in-person, remote and electronic methods that are acceptable to the school or school district issuing the work permit. As such, all permits may be completely by scans and email.
- The amended law removed the yellow and pink paper distinctions. The act now uses a different means to distinguish work permits for youth under age 16 versus those 16-17 years of age. Landscape for under 16 and portrait for 16-17 years of age.
Minimum Wage Law:
Current Youth minimum wage is: $8.20/hour
$3.67/hour for tipped employees.
(TIPS Must = difference in min wage between $3.67 and $8.20 or employer MUST top you up to $8.20/hour)
Please review the list of work activities that you cannot perform as a youth employee for your own personal safety and view the websites below for more Teen Worker Health and Safety Information.
If you have youth employment questions please see Mrs. Rondello.
Employment Standards & Workplace Safety (stay safe on your student job!):
- Michigan Department of Education Child Labor Law /Youth Employment website: https://www.michigan.gov/leo/0,5863,7-336-94422_11407_15317-518836--,00.html
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Talking Safety Site: https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/talkingsafety/teaching.html
- Work Place Safety Video: Teen Workers: Real Jobs, Real Risks (Mallory’s Story): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy9YDD1LTiI&feature=youtu.be
Groves Clubs & Activities for 2020-2021
We are hopeful that all students participate in one or multiple school related activities during their Groves experience. Co- and extra-curricular activities can be a great source of enjoyment for students. Aside from pleasure, students can develop leadership skills, become valuable team members and provide a sense of belonging to their community. More information may be found on Clubs & Activites webpage. Groves students are invited to view the list of clubs and activities offered this school year and are encouraged to get involved and stay involved.
Optional Student Fee Payment Process
In order to make any Groves purchases, we are once again using e-Funds For Schools. This program offers various options for parents/guardians who choose the make payments online or from their mobile devices. Users will have the ability to have various school fees/payments electronically withdrawn from a checking account or charged to a credit card. You will receive an email confirmation for every payment that is processed. The e-Funds For School site is secure and uses industry standard data encryption.
- To create an account or to login to an existing account, visit https://payments.efundsforschools.com/v3/districts/56264
- Once on the eFunds For Schools homepage, the links to "Create An Account" or to "Login" are half way down on the left.
- There is a small convenience fee associated with each payment: $1.00 for using your checking/savings account information (direct ACH) and $2.65 (per $100) for using your credit/debit card.
- The following items may be purchased online using eFunds: PTA Donations/Dues; Student Activity Fees; and SOS/Falcon2Falcon Donation
Groves Attendance Information
Attendance Phone: 248-203-3500, Press Option 2.
To report your student’s absence, tardiness, or any attendance concern, please call the Groves main number at 248-203-3500, option 2.
If your student needs to leave early, please send a note and your student will sign out in the attendance office. This makes it so much easier for a student to leave the classroom on time. Calling the classroom is disruptive to the teacher and fellow students.
Birmingham Groves High School
A Tradition of Excellence, since 1959
Through its mission, Groves seeks to be a community of learners which values each individual and fosters intellectual excellence, personal development, social responsibility and ethical standards. It only takes one step onto the Groves campus to see this mission quickly come to life. Exceptional teaching and learning inhabits classrooms while an air of encouragement and acceptance builds students' connections with each other and the community at large. The Groves Advantage lies within the community that makes up Groves -- committed and enthusiastic educators, a compassionate support team of staff members, engaged parents and students eager to move themselves and each other toward successful futures.
Dr. Susan Smith, Principal
Othamian Peterson, Assistant Principal
Darin Wilcox, Assistant Principal
Tom Flynn, Athletic Director
October 28, 2021
7:15 AM - 11:00 AM PSAT Make-up for 9th Grade and SAT Make-up for 12th Grade
11:40 AM - 2:50 PM 1/2 Day School - afternoon schedule
October 29, 2021
7:30 AM - 11:00 AM 1/2 Day School - morning schedule
November 3, 2021
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Common Ground Parent Presentation (virtual)