This site serves as resource hub for Junior students
Junior Year Checklist (COVID edition) This document was created by "Going Merry", a scholarship website.
- Xello Completion Powerpoint slides, with Log-in instructions. If you attempt to access your Xello account via Powerschool and are unable to do so, contact Mrs. Kondak and she will reset your password for Xello.
- Step-by-step instructions for completing Xello as a Junior Remember that you will need a resume and Talent Portfolio! Instructions are in the Powerpoint. Questions? contact Mrs. Kondak
QuestBridge Scholars Program with links for more information: QuestBridge Scholars Program What is QuestBridge? For low-income high school students who have excelled academically, but feel that the nation’s best colleges are financially out of reach. The QuestBridge National College Match can be your pathway to a top college. Through this college and scholarship application process, you can apply for free to the nation’s best colleges and be considered for early admission and a full four-year scholarship from the college. Speak to your counselor about applying.
College Visits and Application Resources:
Thinking of visiting a College or University - this link has a table of current closures admidst COVID19? MIchigan Colleges and Universities and the status for campus visits
2021-2022 Common Application Essay Prompts: https://www.commonapp.org/apply/essay-prompts
Below is the full set of essay prompts for 2021-2022:
- Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
- Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking? What was the outcome?
- Reflect on something that someone has done for you that has made you happy or thankful in a surprising way. How has this gratitude affected or motivated you?
- Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others.
- Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more?
- Share an essay on any topic of your choice. It can be one you've already written, one that responds to a different prompt, or one of your own design.
From Forbes Magazine, 6 Ways Students can Prepare for College Admissions