Remote Learning Library Materials Distribution
The Derby library is excited to circulate materials for the 2020-21 school year! Until we are back in school fully face-to-face, we are implementing a "holds-and-pickup" system. All patrons are invited to find materials using our Destiny Library Catalog. If you find something you want and copies are available, put it on hold! Mrs. Sindelar, your school librarian, will pull the materials that are available and have them ready for you when the item has moved into your Destiny Checkouts. Please continue reading or watch this instructional video for more details.
To put materials on hold for pick up, please do the following:
1. Go to the Derby Middle School Page.
2. Looking at the links off to the left of the page, click Sign in with Classlink.
3. Click the orange icon that says Destiny Follett (BPS Destiny SSO), which is currently the 1st icon in the list.
4. Find the materials that you want! You can enter a specific title or genre in the search bar, or just browse.
5. Please check the availability of the title. If there are no copies, your hold request will put you on the waiting list.
*Please note that inventory discrepancies do occur from time to time. We thank you for your flexibility.
6. You may put up to 2 books on hold at a time.
7. When your books move from the Holds section to the Checkouts section, they are ready for pickup!
9. When you pick up new materials, please bring back your library materials from previous visits, too! There will be a collection area for library returns near the distribution site.
Questions, concerns, comments? Please email Mrs. Sindelar at firstname.lastname@example.org.