7/8 Distance Learning Library Lessons
Week 1: August 31 - September 4
Week 2: September 7 - 11
Week 3: September 14 - 18
Week 4: September 21 - 25
- Watch "All About Destiny" to learn more about our catalog features.
- Watch "Put Books on Hold for Pickup" to learn how to check out books during the pandemic.
- Read the text directions here.
- Learn about submitting reviews for books in the Destiny catalog.
Week 5: September 28 - October 2
- Watch “Introduction to Crash Course Navigating Digital Information #1.”
- Respond to the intro video on this Google Form.
Week 6: October 5 - 9
- Watch “Navigating Digital Information #2: The Facts About Fact Checking.”
- Respond to the Fact Checking video on this Google Form.
Week 7: October 12 - 16
- Watch "Navigating Digital Information #3: Check Yourself with Lateral Reading."
- Respond to the Lateral Reading video on this Google Form.
Week 8: October 19 - 23
- Watch "Navigating Digital Information #4: Who Can You Trust?."
- Respond to the Who Can You Trust? video on this Google Form.
Week 9: October 26 - October 30
- Watch "Destiny Collections: Scary Stories and Book Trailers"
- Enjoy the fall ambiance with a spooky story, or any book of your choosing! :-)
Week 10: November 9 - 13
- The BCS Media Center is having a Virtual Book Fair this fall! Visit our eFair to make a wish list and/or purchase books. All proceeds benefit our library and help us fund new books, databases, programs, and other materials. Here’s the info:
- Visit the BCS eFair! Go to https://efairs.follettbookfairs.com/ and enter code Z6P71.
- The eFair will be open beginning Monday, November 9 through Monday, November 23.
- Kids can create a wish list to send to parents, grandparents, guardians, or others who love to buy books. Watch the eFair Wish List Video for details.
- Alternatively, purchase books with a credit card directly on the eFair site.
- Your purchases are delivered to BCS, and we will pass on the books to students via classroom dropoff or through our Distribution of Student Materials process.
Week 11: December 1 - 4
- This week we’re playing a game related to News and Media Literacy. Click here for directions and the reflection form.