Birmingham Public Schools is one of 10 Oakland County school districts collaborating with the International Academy Okma Campus. The International Academy is a public, tuition-free school for grades 9-12. It provides a unique blend of rigorous academic standards and practical, career-related education throughout the school year.
The International Academy features the International Baccalaureate as the centerpiece of its curriculum. You must be a Birmingham Public Schools resident to apply. For more information, visit www.iatoday.org.
The Application Process at a glance:
- Submit your application online.
- Print submitted online application and mail application fee and supporting documents to the International Academy.
- Attend an IA Okma Campus enrollment session
- Attend the lottery selection at BPS and receive a lottery number.
- Take the "Mandatory Placement and Diagnostic Testing" after the lottery selection.
Click here to access the Class of 2025 online application form.
The deadline for applications for the class of 2025 is January 24, 2021
Wednesday, February 3, 2021
4:00 PM, Groves Auditorium
across circular driveway from Birmingham Admin. Bldg.
The IA Lottery will take place in the Groves auditorium if COVID restrictions allow. Due to state gathering restrictions, only one person per family can attend. Masks are mandatory.
IA Infromational Zoom SessionsTuesday December 1st at 8:30amThursday December 3rd at 7:30pmTuesday December 8th at 7:30pm