Senior Class Announcements
Seaholm National Honor Society Timeline For 2021-22
- Juniors and Seniors who have an UNWEIGHTED CUMMULATIVE GPA of 3.5 or higher and no academic misconducts in the preceding 12 months will receive an electronic invitation to apply to National Honor Society during the last week of October. Announcements will be made on the PA as well as on the video announcements that are played during 2nd hour to remind students to check their BPS Gmail accounts. Please check Power School for the unweighted cumulative GPA if you are unsure of their eligibility.
- Students who are eligible to apply will receive access to an electronic application which they will print out and return to Ms. Rochelle Rogers in her mailbox in the main office or her classroom A-207 on or before November 12, 2021. Please make $40 check payable to Seaholm High School. Please reach out to Ms. Rogers or Mrs. Hall if financial aid is needed.
- NHS Induction will take place in December. Please stay tuned for the date.
- Students who are interested in applying need to have a minimum of 10 hours of community service during their high school career. Many community service hours are available for the fall. Please reach out to Dr. Suzanne O’Leary to find community service opportunities. There are also online tutoring options if they choose not to be face to face for community service.
- We strongly encourage students to reach out to Ms. Rogers via email if they have questions about the NHS application process. She can be reached at RRogers@birmingham.k12.mi.us.
Senior Parent Donations and Assistance
Our Seniors are organizing their final Field Day and Homecoming week and we need your help! Field Day preparation begins on 9/13 and will continue into the first full week of October. We definitely need snacks on hand to keep everyone motivated! Please sign up to donate a snack for one working day and drop them off at the front office, notating they are for the Seniors/McKinney team. Please make sure the snacks are dropped off by lunch time on your chosen date. Great snack items are bags of individually wrapped chips, protein bars, granola bars, cookies, popcorn, sun chips etc. NOTE: We typically have 10-20 kids on hand working throughout the afternoon. Click the sign-up genius link for more information!
More info will be forthcoming about when we need parent volunteers. We appreciate your support!
Senior Yearbook Information 2022