Battle of the Books
When does it start?!?
Battle of the Books 2018 begins on November 3, 2017! On that day, the books will be revealed to all BPS elementary students during the school day. If you ordered a Battle Book Bundle for your child, it will be delivered to your child at school on November 3rd after our assembly.
Did you have a child in Battle of the Books in 2015-16 or before? If so, you will notice that we've made some changes in the program since then:
…but some things will remain the same!
- Baldwin Library is the official host of the Battle program, and the Birmingham Schools libraries are supporting the program.
- Students will form their own teams of 4-6 students. The teams can be made up of students from both 4th and 5th grade and with students from any school in the district. Each team must have one adult team coach.
- There will be a total of six Battle books rather than ten.
- There will not be any tests to qualify for a team – students are responsible for reading as many of the six Battle titles as they can. The more you read, the better your team will do!
- There will be one community Battle on Saturday, February 10, rather than separate Battles at all the elementary schools.
More information can be found at http://www.baldwinlib.org/battle, or you are welcome to email BCS Media Specialist Ann Truesdell at email@example.com with any questions you have.
- The books will still be available for checkout in the BCS Media Center and also at Baldwin Library.
- If you wish to purchase books after the Battle has begun, we encourage you to purchase through Amazon Smile and choose “Birmingham Covington 3-8 PTSA” as your charity.
- The BCS Media Center will still host book clubs during lunch times for 4th and 5th graders who are participating.
- The actual Battle will still have teams collaborate to answer the questions about the Battle books.