ANNOUNCEMENTS for6th grade Band & 7th grade Orchestraband = blueorchestra = orangeboth = greenPlease check Power School for upcoming assignments.Be sure your email address is up to date in Powerschool so that you receive current information from Mr. Smith.WEEKLY OUTLINE
6th grade band GC code = 3klbnztGoogle Meet every Monday from 9:15am-9:45am, here's the link: 6th grade band GM7th grade orchestra GC code = xbccfmoGoogle Meet every Monday from 9:45am-10:15am, here's the link: 7th grade orchestra GMCedar Point and Solo & Ensemble Update! The Cedar Point festival and the MSBOA Solo & Ensemble festival have both been canceled. Brightspark will email individuals concerning the refund process for Cedar Point and I will share the refund process for the Solo & Ensemble festival when it becomes available.
- Weekly assignments will be given in our Google Classroom (codes below) every Monday morning by 8am.
- Weekly Google Meets will take place every Monday morning (see times below). I will explain the assignments and take any questions.
- Assignments will be due ("Turn In") by the end of the week. Email me if you need more time.
- Check Powerschool &/or Google Classroom (classwork, calendar tabs) for upcoming assignments and to see what has been turned in or what needs to be turned in.
- Emails from me will still go to your Powerschool email addresses on file. Update them if needed. I will also use Google Classroom to respond to student questions and to give feedback.
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelors in Music Education (Wayne State) Masters in Education Administration (Wayne State)
Mr. Smith's BioHello, Berkshire community. My name is Sean Smith and I am the 6th grade Band and 7th grade Orchestra director. I am a native Detroiter and a current resident of Southfield, MI. I received both my B.A. in Music Education and M.Ed. in Education Administration from Wayne State University. My beautiful wife Stacy and I have three lovely children, two of whom are still attending Birmingham schools. Some of my hobbies include chess, tennis, church events, and watching CNBC.I have 20+ years of combined teaching experience with Birmingham Public Schools, Detroit Public Schools, Grosse Pointe Public Schools, the DSO Honda Power of Dreams String Project, the WSU Weekend School of Music, and the Winans Academy of Performing Arts.My primary instrument is the cello and my secondary is French horn. I currently play the organ/keyboard for my church. As a performer, I've had the opportunity to perform with the National Symphony Orchestra Summer Institute, the Disney Orchestra, as a soloist for the WSU Concerto competition, and to perform and record with several local and international ensembles and artists.