Welcome to the Seaholm Athletic DepartmentSeaholm has a proud tradition of athletic excellence. Nearly 1,000 students participate in 35 varsity programs on 64 teams.
Fall 2020 Update - Revised 8/6/20
The new school year begins soon, and there are still several unresolved questions regarding the restart of athletics and the fall season. Updates will be posted here as they are known. Additional details are expected on the afternoon of 8/7. Please check back often for updates. The MHSAA has published their phased-in approach to fall sports. A clear summary with dates and phases is available at StudentandAthlete.org. Please check back often for updates. Here are some quick details:
- Athletic Registration has not yet begun.
- Physical Exam requirements are different this year. See the article below.
- Game Schedules for most sports will change. They will be determined once we know the new parameters, and they will be posted here.
- Incoming freshmen and new students - please connect with the varsity head coach of your sport to make sure you are getting all of the communications. The directory is here.
Physicals - 2020-21 School Year
A pre-participation physical exam (form) is required for any student to participate in interscholastic athletics. In most years, they are required annually. Due to the unusual circumstance, the MHSAA has changed their requirements. This year, a physical exam must be completed (and signed by the provider) on or after April 15, 2019 to be valid for the 2020-21 school year. Families have two options to satisfy the physical examination requirement:
- A physical exam that is completed on or after April 15, 2020 can be submitted. It will be valid for this full school year.
- An exam that was completed between April 15, 2020 and and April 15, 2019 is sufficient as long as the family completes and submits the additional 2020-21 MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire.
All student-athletes fall in to one of the following three categories. The requirement is listed for each.
- If you submitted a physical for athletics at Seaholm last year, simply submit the 2020-21 MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire.
- If you have a physical dated after April 15, 2019 that was not submitted to Seaholm, please submit a copy of that form along with the 2020-21 MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire.
- If you do not have a physical signed after April 15, 2019, please visit your doctor or a local walk-in clinic to complete the pre-participatoin physical form. Submit it to the Seaholm athletic office prior to participation.
Athletic Restart - Summer Opportunities
As summer is upon us and the State moves into Phase 4 of the reopening process, we want to welcome our students back to our Seaholm campus as they begin participating in athletic conditioning, training and some club activities. We also want to ensure the safety of our student athletes and our coaching staff and abide by all protocols surrounding our reopening. Cooperation on the part of all student athletes and coaches to these protocols is an expectation that will be strictly enforced. Understanding that each family may have unique medical needs, we encourage you to discuss your son/daughter’s participation with your physician to determine if this is the right time to begin active conditioning with other student athletes or in other activities that require interaction. These summer activities are 100% optional for our students, and they will not be used to determine team membership when the season begins in August. Coaches and sponsors will provide details regarding their specific activities. Contact information for our coaches is here.
As always safety is our first priority, so please be confident in making the decisions appropriate to your family. Let us know if you have questions or concerns.
Class of 2020 College-Bound Athletes
Ten members of the Seaholm class of 2020 have chosen to continue their playing careers at the next level. Congratulations to these dedicated student-athletes. Biographies and details on each student are here.
- Will Bournias - Football at Albion College
- Scott Clippert - Baseball at Albion College
- James DeWald - Football at Western Michigan University
- Nick Lamb - Lacrosse at U of D Mercy
- Carly Mixon - Track & Field at University of North Carolina Wilmington
- Sydney Pickell - Golf at Kalamazoo College
- Sathya Siddapureddy - Football at Pomona College
- Chaz Strecker - Football at Kalamazoo College
- Spencer Whittington - Golf at Hope College
- Mark Wischmeyer - Soccer at Otterbein University
Athletics March 13 to Present
At this time and throughout the school closure, all athletic activities are cancelled including; practices, competitions, conditioning, weight training, student organized practices or activities, captains practices, parent organized practices or events, fundraisers, team building, etc. To be very clear, there can be no activities connected to, related to or associated with athletics and athletes should not be gathering as a team or portion of a team.
As information becomes available about the resumption of activities in preparation for next year, details will be posted here.
Spring Athletic Registration
Spring sports begin on Monday, March 9. Registration is required prior to the first day of practice or tryout. Register now using this link: https://secure.infosnap.com/family/gosnap.aspx?action=21885&culture=en
Athletic team schedules are posted at www.seaholmsports.com. You can also use the schedule page to find direct links for each team this season. Hint: Visit the schedule site and sign up for email updates. The system will notify you of schedule additions and changes such as cancellations due to the weather.
What Sports Does Seaholm Offer?
High school sports are offered in three distinct seasons in Michigan (Fall, Winter and Spring). The fall season is basically from August to November. Winter season is November through February, and the spring season goes from March until June. Seaholm sports programs for boys and girls by season (along with coach contact information is here.
Team and Individual Pictures
Seaholm athletic team and individual pictures are taken each season by Visual Sports Network. Details about packages and prepayment are available on their pre-order website. Complete and bring it to your team's picture day and time to purchase individual and team photos. If you would like to re-order previous pictures, please contact VSN at (248) 355-9525 or email email@example.com.