Frequently Asked Questions?
- Choice Hour scheduling questions should be directed to Kathy Juriga at 248-203-4426
- All Choice Hour program should be directed to Courtney Bassett at 248-203-4625
Report Choice Hour Absence
If you are unable to come into the building to sign your child out before Choice Hour that day or if your child is going to be absent from Choice Hour for any reason, you have several options:
There are several procedures that you can follow if your child is unable to attend choice hour.
- Call 248-203-4625 to leave a message
- You can send a note to the office with your child
- Send an email to Courtney Bassett
- You can stop in the office to sign them out
If your child does not have a Choice Hour class on any given day but needs to stay please contact Courtney Bassett so that proper arrangements can be made. There is a $5.00 fee for this service!
If you will be picking up your child during the choice hour period, please come into the building to sign them out in the front office. You will be given a pink sheet to take to the Choice Hour desk where the 7th and 8th grade Choice Hour assistants will be happy to locate your child. Students will not be released without the pink form.
Changing a Choice Hour Class - Only Available First 2 Weeks of each Quarter
- Children will have an opportunity to change a Choice Hour class after attending the first session
- Pick-up, complete, and return a Choice Hour Change Request form - classes that have openings are listed on the back
- The change request period is for one week only
- The deadline date to turn in a change request will be listed on each quarter’s Choice Hour Change form
- Link: Choice Hour Change Form
No Choice Hour drops, adds and/or changes will be accepted over the phone or via email. All Choice Hour change requests require a parent’s signature. Please pick up the proper paperwork at the front desk in the office.
Please read the change form very carefully. Students requesting a change must attend their originally assigned classes for the first two weeks of the new quarter. All Choice Hour changes that are approved will go into effect on the third Monday of the quarter. You will receive timely notification if your Choice Hour change request is denied.
Choice Hour drop refunds will be processed for classes dropped during the Choice Hour change period. No refunds will be processed after the Choice Hour Change deadline.
Adding a Choice Hour Class
If a student requests that a class be added to their schedule, the request will be processed once the choice hour fee is received, and the parent signs the Choice Hour Change Form. If there is an opening in the class requested, the student will be placed in that class.
Dropping a Choice Hour Class
If a student drops a class before the change period deadline, and a fee has already been paid, a refund will be processed.
Students Who Don't Have Choice Hour Must be Picked-up by 3:30 p.m.
- Refunds will not be processed for classes that are dropped after the one-week change request period.
- Choice Hour Drop Form
Drop In: Students who do not have a Choice Hour class and are not picked up by 3:30pm will be placed in a Choice Hour class for that day only. Parents/Guardians will be billed a Choice Hour fee of $5 for each occurrence.