Beverly students participate in a variety of community service projects throughout the school year.
Many of the projects are initiated and coordinated by the Bobcat Leadership Team. During the 2017-2018 school year, the Bobcat Leadership team organized the following service projects:
- DRAW (Disaster Relief at Work) donation drive. A number of students and their parents also participated in the districtwide packing event held on MLK Jr. Day.
- Heifer International. Profits from Hunter's Hut school store and money raised in a coin vote enabled us to purchase a llama and 3 rabbits for families in need.
- Books for a Benefit. The students publicized our book drive for Beyond Basics and the Fuller Cut. They also used the profits from Hunter's Hut to purchase 50 books for donation to the book drive.
- In May, a cereal drive for Gleaners Food Bank will be sponsored. The Bobcat Leadership Team will also have an opportunity to visit Gleaners Food Bank to pack snack packages.
Crafts for a Cause is our annual school-wide community service project, held in conjunction with Valentine's Day. Each grade level participates:
- Kindergarten students (and their older "buddies") create thank you cards for soldiers.
- 1st grade students make placemats for Meals on Wheels recipients.
- 2nd grade students design greeting cards for nursing home residents.
- 3rd - 5th grade students rotate through various activity stations. In 2018, they completed the following projects:
- 30 fleece blankets for Beaumont Children's Hospital
- 300+ animal enrichment tubes for the Detroit Zoo
- 150+ bookmarks for Beyond Basics literacy project
- 300+ bead activity kits for Beaumont Children's Hospital
- 250+ decorated lunch bags for Detroit StreeThreads program