"Thinkering Studio is a collaborative space/class/studio for students to inquire, design and create."
Design, Make, Remix, Hack, Create, Build, Program, Craft, Etc.
Thinkering Studio is a collaborative space/class/studio for students to:
- explore questions, challenges, topics or technologies of interest, at their own pace, and in directions of their choosing
- collaborate informally and formally, in person and electronically, synchronously and asynchronously
- plan and reflect on their creations, processes, successes, difficulties, and learning through a multimodal journal and portfolio
- create footsteps, examples, resources, or other artifacts for themselves and others who might follow
- integrate technology as appropriate
- curriculum is based on an individualized, project-based learning approach (think 3M, Bell Labs, Google's 20% time, Apple's Blue Sky Program, etc.)