Choice Hour Information - What is Choice Hour?
- An expanded day devoted to enrichment and additional learning experiences based on interests and abilities
- Opportunities for students in academics, academic competitions, academic support, technology, fine arts, the arts, clubs, community service, physical fitness and sports
- Many of the classes offer 8-10 week ‘curriculums’ – building from week to week
- Classes are taught by district teachers, paraprofessionals, parents, alumni, and members of the community.
Questions? Contact Choice Hour Program Manager Courtney Bassett at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up & Process Information
Online registration needs to be completed by the deadline indicated on the form.
- We will not schedule students into classes if payment in full is not turned in to the office, or completed electronically. Students who do not turn in a complete the Google Form and submit payment by the deadline, will not be allowed to make a change in their schedule once they receive it.
- Students who do not complete online registration will not be placed in any Choice Hour classes. If a class should go to a lottery for student placement, priority will be given to students who complete online registration by the deadline.
- Electronic payment is now available for Choice Hour fees. Go to the eFunds for Schools page.
- Some classes require an application. Make sure you include the application with the returned choice hour form.
- Students participating in after school athletics must be enrolled in Choice Hour if their team practice is scheduled to begin after the choice hour program. Go to Athletics Home for links to schedules.
- Please be advised that in addition to the quarterly Choice Hour Fees, it may be necessary to add a materials fee to some of our classes. If there are financial needs, call Dr. Hakim or Mr. Hill. Confidential arrangements will be made. No child will be excluded from a fee class for financial reasons. Do not include payment for “Materials Fees” or “Pay to Play” as there will be a separate billing once scheduling is complete.
- Course Descriptions, Selection Sheets, and Other Forms: Review and print Choice Hour class descriptions, waiver form, change/drop form, and any application forms for the quarter.
- A.Q's, Procedures and More Details: How to Change / Add / Drop Choice Hour Class, Contact Information, ...
- Student Placement in Choice Hour Classes: How students are assigned to Choice Hour classes.
All Choice Hour questions should be directed to Courtney Bassett at email@example.com