Battle of the Books
The Battle of the Books is an exciting reading enrichment program the Baldwin Public Library sponsors through the Birmingham School District. Fourth- and fifth-grade students from all Birmingham elementary schools are invited to participate in a challenging yet fun book battle that encourages reading and a deep understanding of books of varying genres. After reading a select number of titles, students are invited to battle against other teams and answer detailed questions on all the books covered. This will take virtually again this year.
- book bundle order forms have been sent home and are due by Nov. 18th.
- Kickoff (titles will be announced and bundles delivered) - Monday, December 12, 2022
- Team Registration - Monday, February 20 to Sunday, February 12, 2023.
- Informational/Coaches Meetings: TBD in early January and February 2, 2023
- Battle Day - Saturday, March 18, 2022 at Groves High School
New video and presentation will be added on 12/12/22
Baldwin Battle Video Announcement
Harlan Battle of the Books 2022-2023 Presentation
Book Titles and trailers are in the Baldwin Video Announcement
All battle questions can be answered at Baldwin's website at https://www.baldwinlib.org/battle-of-the-books/
Good luck Huskies!