The enrollment is a two-step process.
- Complete and submit the online application.
- Schedule an appointment by emailing either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be meeting with an enrollment department representative at the Birmingham Education and Administration Center to complete and finalize the process.
PLEASE NOTE: Students cannot start school until all steps of the enrollment process have been completed. Parent enrolling the child must be on both the residency documents and birth certificate.
*New families can complete the online enrollment as indicated above. The BPS staff will finalize the enrollment process with each individual family.
You will need the following documents:
PROOF OF PARENTAGE for all incoming students:
- Original Birth Certificate
- Government Issued Photo ID of the person enrolling the student. The parent enrolling the child must be on the birth certificate.
- Custody document if applicable or notarized parent release letter if second parent on Birth Certificate does not live with the child. With official translation if not in English
- Guardianship/Foster Care documents accepted, if applicable
PROOF OF RESIDENCY for all incoming students:
- If you are a HOMEOWNER
- If you LEASE your home
- If you are LIVING WITH a Resident of BPS Resident & parent must come in together for the appointment
- GUARDIANSHIP & FOSTERCARE Information
How will the district support families that do not have access to a computer/internet?
Families that need access to a computer to complete the new student enrollment forms should contact the enrollment office at 248-203-3000. An onsite computer will be made available.
What are the preferred computer browsers that I should use when completing the online forms?
According to PowerSchool, the forms should work on any web browser. The technology services department of Birmingham Public Schools recommends Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Do I contact my child's school about technical difficulties utilizing the electronic enrollment site?
PowerSchool Registration is powered by InfoSnap. For the best levels of customer support, individuals with technical difficulties should contact InfoSnap directly at 866-752-6850. As always your child's building office staff are ready and capable of resolving most issues and can escalate issues to our district technology support team.
What are the technical requirements to complete the online electronic enrollment forms?
Allowing a very flexible experience, the electronic enrollment forms can be completed on a smart phone, iPad or desktop / laptop utilizing the industry standard browsers such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Recommended browsers are Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Why am I unable to "Submit" my forms?
Required submission fields must be completed before the form can be submitted. When families reach the last page of both the New and Returning Student forms, any of the required submission fields that were missed will be identified.
New Student Enrollment Form FAQ
What are the security measures in place to protect my electronic enrollment and registration data and documentation?
No data from electronic enrollment is stored on our district storage servers. PowerSchool Registration has a highly secure infrastructure. For details please see the detailed document below.
Upon completing the online new student enrollment forms am I considered "enrolled?
Completing the New Student Enrollment forms does not mean students are enrolled, this is the first step in the enrollment process.
What happens next after completing the New Student Enrollment forms?
After submitting the New Student Enrollment forms, you will receive a confirmation email. Families should contact the enrollment staff member referenced in the confirmation email. When you attend your scheduled enrollment meeting, you must bring the original copies of all required documentation for verification.