Phone: See district website
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor's Degree (Elementary Education) from Western Michigan University: 2002 Master's Degree (Elementary Education) from Grand Valley State University: 2013
Mr. Michael VanDoornik
I have been teaching for 16 years now and have spent the last 7 years as a teacher here at West Maple. I believe that learning is a lifelong process... One that should always strive to be engaging and fun. We do a lot of work with our hands and minds in my classroom, and when we can we like to get OUTSIDE of the classroom.
This past spring, my wife Lauren and I welcomed our daughter Quinn into the world. She is such a blessing to our family and watching her grow and learn has truly inspired me as a teacher.
I take a tremendous amount of pride in my role as an educator. I truly believe that I have the best job in the world!
A few dates to remember:
- Tuesday, September 17 - Open House Evening 7:00-8
- Friday, September 20 - Picture Day
- Thursday, September 26 - 12:05 dismissal (1/2 day)
- Friday, October 18 - "Trunk or Treat"
- Thursday, October 31 - Halloween parties in the AM; 1/2 day... 12:05 dismissal