Degrees and Certifications:
Grade 3/4 Teacher
- Started in Education: 2001
- Started in Birmingham Public Schools: 2004
- Started at BCS: 2004
- BA from Olivet College
- Master's degree from Walden University
- Areas of Specialization:
- Master's Degree in Education with a specialization in Reading and Literacy
- Training in reader's and writer's workshop
"This year I am celebrating my 14th year of teaching and my 11th year as a 3rd and 4th grade teacher at BCS. I have been married to my husband, Courtney, for nine years and we live in Rochester with our two children. We have a daughter named Audrey (7), and a son named Caden (4). I enjoy reading, shopping, doing anything “crafty”, and spending time with my family and friends.
I was born and raised in Dryden, Michigan, which is in Lapeer County. I lived in this small town with my parents, Frank and Becky, who were also teachers. I am a kind, enthusiastic, fun, organized, and caring person. I love kids, I love teaching, and I love BCS!"