Harlan strives to provide opportunities for students to give voice and choice in their school. Through these opportunities, they gain leadership skills and work to improve their school, community, and world.
Student Leadership Teams
- The Student Leadership Team plans activities, events, service projects, and educates the school community on community issues, character education and other topics they determine would benefit our school.
- The Green Team collaborates with the school's Community Service Organizer- Beth Swanson to:
- Educate the school on environmental issues
- Support recycling programs
- Design and implement activities that promote environmental responsibility.
- IT is not just about recycling, it is about gardening, growing, and helping our school become cleaner and safer.
- Students assess and plan ways to improve environmental efforts in our school and community. They work to educate others on issues in our school, community and world. See the Green Team page for more information.
- Our school is a safer place due to the efforts of our Service and Safety Squad who supervise and provide assistance to students at arrival and dismissal time.