WELCOME TO SEAHOLM COUNSELING!
If you have any questions for the Counseling Department
while we're closed for the Summer, please click on our
SUMMER Q&A to see if we can answer your questions!
Summer melt …college-intending students who have applied to, been accepted by a college or university, but do not matriculate to that college. Our goal is to fill in student knowledge with access to resources and assist them with reaching their goals.
Dear Seaholm Community,
There are so many experiences in life that we are uncertain of, that we are afraid of, that we have no control over, that we should find safe, empathic confidants to discuss sensitive topics with so that we can maintain our own sense of peace in a very troubled world. Please know that the counselors are here for you. If you would like to talk, please reach out to any of us.
Kristy Fekaris, Nicole Festian, Brian Flatter, Walt Romano, Jenn Vanderveen, Sherree Wilson
EMAIL and PHONE NUMBER
W-Z and Department Chair
Wellness and Crisis Counselor
Brenda Guinan Huddy
College & Career Center
Counseling Department Secretary - Carey Balow firstname.lastname@example.org 248-203-3751
- The District’s Emotional Health & Wellness Website https://sites.google.com/bps-schools.com/bps-emotional-health-wellness/home
Talking to Children about COVID-19: A Parent's Resource https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/NASN/3870c72d-fff9-4ed7-833f-215de278d256/UploadedImages/PDFs/02292020_NASP_NASN_COVID-19_parent_handout.pdf
- GREAT NEWS! You can now follow Seaholm's Counseling Department on Instagram. Our username to search is seaholm_counseling. Keep your eye out for weekly posts regarding social/emotional learning, mental health awareness, character ed., relationship building, goal setting, mindfulness, stress management, important counseling dates/tips and much more!
The Birmingham Counseling Program's "whole-child" approach is an integral part of the educational mission of the Birmingham Public Schools. The comprehensive guidance program will empower students to make responsible academic/personal-social, and college/career choices to gain self-knowledge and understand the uniqueness of others. Counselors will provide opportunities for academic achievement, personal /social growth, and college/career exploration for every student.Counselors will coordinate, consult, and collaborate with staff, parents, and the community to help all students be successful lifelong learners in a global society.
- All students will learn.
- All students will be successful.
- All students develop and grow at their own rates
We provide the following services:
- Provide Guidance Curriculum, a.k.a. information you should know
- Provide social and emotional support
- Provide career and college counseling
- Provide academic support
The counselors are offering support through email, phone, live chat, and online face-to-face. We encourage students to please reach out to us through email and together we can determine the best mode of communication.
If a student would like to connect with our Wellness and Crisis Counselor - please send a request to Mrs. Wilson, at email@example.com. She will set up a time with you to chat.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Balow, Counseling Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-203-3751.