WELCOME TO SEAHOLM COUNSELING!
Many Michigan colleges have no application fee and some have a fee waiver for the month of October (or during certain weeks in Oct).
As part of Michigan College Month – see link for a list of Michigan colleges with no application fee or colleges with no application fee for Michigan College Month.
If you were unable to join us for our College Night for students and parents on September 13th, please click the link to view the presentation.
The Seaholm High School Counseling Department is pleased to present
The focus of the presentation will be on college preparation for students in 8-12th grade and parents.
August 26th at 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. – Seaholm High School Auditorium
Please use this link to view the presentation:
“Patrick O’Connor is a college counselor, chief strategist, and CEO of College is Yours, an organization focused on improving college opportunity and success for all students. A college counselor since 1984, Patrick has served as president of both the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) and the Michigan Association for College Admission Counseling (MACAC). He is a past board chair of the Michigan College Access Network, and served as the Inaugural School Counselor Ambassador Fellow with the US Department of Education. He’s the author of several books on college opportunity, including the newly released student handbook College is Yours 3.”
EMAIL and PHONE NUMBER
W-Z and Department Chair
Wellness and Crisis Counselor
Brenda Guinan Huddy
College & Career Center
Counseling Department Secretary - Carey Balow firstname.lastname@example.org 248-203-3751
The Birmingham Counseling Program's "whole-child" approach is an integral part of the educational mission of the Birmingham Public Schools. The comprehensive guidance program will empower students to make responsible academic/personal-social, and college/career choices to gain self-knowledge and understand the uniqueness of others. Counselors will provide opportunities for academic achievement, personal /social growth, and college/career exploration for every student.Counselors will coordinate, consult, and collaborate with staff, parents, and the community to help all students be successful lifelong learners in a global society.
- All students will learn.
- All students will be successful.
- All students develop and grow at their own rates
We provide the following services:
- Provide Guidance Curriculum, a.k.a. information you should know
- Provide social and emotional support
- Provide career and college counseling
- Provide academic support
- The District’s Emotional Health & Wellness Website https://sites.google.com/bps-schools.com/bps-emotional-health-wellness/home
- GREAT NEWS! You can now follow Seaholm's Counseling Department on Instagram. Our username to search is seaholm_counseling. Keep your eye out for weekly posts regarding social/emotional learning, mental health awareness, character ed., relationship building, goal setting, mindfulness, stress management, important counseling dates/tips and much more!
- If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Balow, Counseling Secretary at email@example.com or 248-203-3751.