Hot Chocolate Day
WELCOME TO SEAHOLM COUNSELING!
Dear Seaholm Community,
There are so many experiences in life that we are uncertain of, that we are afraid of, that we have no control over, that we should find safe, empathic confidants to discuss sensitive topics with so that we can maintain our own sense of peace in a very troubled world. Please know that the counselors are here for you. If you would like to talk, please reach out to any of us.
Kristy Fekaris, Nicole Festian, Brian Flatter, Walt Romano, Jenn Vanderveen, Sherree Wilson
Pathways to Success – Mastering the Junior Year
If you were unable to attend this Zoom, please click here to view the Powerpoint presentation.
TEMPORARY COLLEGE ADMISSIONS CHANGES DUE TO COVID-19
EMAIL and PHONE NUMBER
W-Z and Department Chair
Wellness and Crisis Counselor
- Letter to students and parents about COVID and counseling services.
- BPS Closure Counseling Advice by Mr. Flatter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMiTYl07eyI&feature=youtu.be
- Talking to Children about COVID-19: A Parent's Resource https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/NASN/3870c72d-fff9-4ed7-833f-215de278d256/UploadedImages/PDFs/02292020_NASP_NASN_COVID-19_parent_handout.pdf
- New! College Admission Status Update 2.0 provided by National Association for College Admission Counseling NACAC's College Admission Status Update 2.0compiles information from institutions worldwide about changes to college admission and related policies due to the coronavirus crisis. A second round of questions was recently added to provide information regarding colleges' decisions about high school transcripts, standardized test scores, deposit dates, fall tuition, registration plans, and more.
- Updates Regarding Test- Optional schools 1,130+ Accredited 4-Year Colleges and Universities with ACT/SAT-Optional Policies (for Fall 2021 Admission). To learn more, please visit http://www.fairtest.org/university/optional.
- GREAT NEWS! You can now follow Seaholm's Counseling Department on Instagram. Our username to search is seaholm_counseling. Keep your eye out for weekly posts regarding social/emotional learning, mental health awareness, character ed., relationship building, goal setting, mindfulness, stress management, important counseling dates/tips and much more!
The Birmingham Counseling Program's "whole-child" approach is an integral part of the educational mission of the Birmingham Public Schools. The comprehensive guidance program will empower students to make responsible academic/personal-social, and college/career choices to gain self-knowledge and understand the uniqueness of others. Counselors will provide opportunities for academic achievement, personal /social growth, and college/career exploration for every student. Counselors will coordinate, consult, and collaborate with staff, parents, and the community to help all students be successful lifelong learners in a global society.
- All students will learn.
- All students will be successful.
- All students develop and grow at their own rates
We provide the following services:
- Provide Guidance Curriculum, a.k.a. information you should know
- Provide social and emotional support
- Provide career and college counseling
- Provide academic support
The counselors are offering support through email, phone, live chat, and online face-to-face. We encourage students to please reach out to us through email and together we can determine the best mode of communication.
If a student would like to connect with our Wellness and Crisis Counselor - please send a request to Mrs. Wilson, at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will set up a time with you to chat.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Balow, Counseling Secretary at email@example.com or 248-203-3751.