BCS Attendance: firstname.lastname@example.org
BCS has moved to an email attendance only system and is no longer accepting phone calls on the attendance line. A parent or guardian must email student absences or tardies by 8:45 a.m. on the day of the absence. Please note, sending a note only to your child’s teacher does excuse your child. Only messages received via the attendance email will be recorded on the student record.
Please allow 24-hours for attendance to be updated.
Absences (A) or tardies (T or TA) not reported will be recorded as unexcused.
In the event of an absence report the following to email@example.com :
- Student first and last name and homeroom/academic lab teacher
- Will the child be late or absent?
- How long will the student be absent?
- Appointment - a doctor’s note is necessary for your child to be considered Excused Exempt (EE) if at ortho, dentist, pediatrician, etc. The original note should be placed in the red basket in the front office. No photos please.
- Illness (please state the nature of illness, eg: flu, stomach virus, pink eye, strep, Covid, etc.)
- Family issue
- Religious Holiday
- Vacation (Note: if a child will be out longer than 2 days, the attached extended absence form must be filled out and put in the red basket in the front office at least 2 weeks prior to planned vacation. )
- High School Shadowing
Need Your Student Excused During the Day?
Students leaving early must have a parent sign them out in the attendance binder in the front office. Please write your child’s name and note the time “out” in the right hand column that is shaded and marked OUT. A student will not be called down to the office prior to your arrival. Students arriving late or returning to school will need to sign back in, in the attendance binder (column on the left) and obtain a pass to class.