BACK TO SCHOOL DAYS
Welcome, BCS Families! We are happy to invite you to our Back to School Days! This is a time for students to get their locker assignments, turn in medication or sports physical information. Parents can complete RSVP school registration (if needed), sign up to become a BCS Office Volunteer, and learn about the PTA.
AUGUST 2023 dates - TBD
To receive locker assignments:
- Please be prepared to resolve any book fines.
- RSVP must be complete.
For Students with Medical Conditions or Requiring Medication
According to the Birmingham Public Schools medication policy, all medications administered by the BCS office must have proper paperwork on file. Proper paperwork includes:
- BPS Permission to Administer Medication Form
- This form must be completed and signed by the parent/guardian for over-the-counter medications or by the parent/guardian and the child’s doctor for prescription medications. The information on the form(s) must exactly match the medication(s) submitted to the BCS office.There will be no exceptions.
- BPS Care and Action Plans (see below)
- A specific Care or Action Plan is required if the student has ASTHMA, A SEVERE ALLERGY, AN INSECT STING REACTION, DIABETES, OR A SEIZURE DISORDER. The Care or Action Plan must be completed and signed by the parent/guardian and the child’s doctor. A Care or Action Plan may need to be completed and filed with BCS even if the student does not require regular medications while in school.
Please contact the BCS Office at 248-203-4444 with any questions.
For More Information visit the BPS District Health and Wellness Webpage: https://www.birmingham.k12.mi.us/domain/49