BCS 8th Grade Celebration
As a reminder, the 8th Grade Celebration Ceremony will be held on Tuesday, June 6th, in the BCS Gymnasium. Door will open for family and guests at 5:45 PM, and the ceremony will start promptly at 6:30 PM. There are no tickets for this event.
- 8th Grade Band and Orchestra – 5:30 PM arrival for tuning and warm up
- All other 8th Grade students – 6:00 PM arrival
- Families – BLAST Winners please head to your reserved seats upon arrival. Otherwise, general seating can begin after 5:45 PM
Suggested Dress Code for 8th Graders:
- Girls: Dress, skirt and top, or dress pants. Please, no jeans. In accordance with BPS dress code, shoulder straps should be at least one inch wide. Skirts must reach fingertips.
- Boys: Long pants. Please, no jeans or shorts. Dress shirt tucked in, tie or collared shirt.
At 7:30 PM, immediately following the ceremony, there will be a brief reception outside (weather permitting) or in the main hallway.
At 8:00 PM, the cafeteria doors will open for the 8th Grade graduates (only). Parents are asked to pick up from the dance promptly at 10:00 PM.
The front parking loop closest to the main entrance will be used for our graduation reception. Please do not attempt to pull into that area. The back loop (closest to Quarton) is reserved for handicapped drop off and pick up only. There will be no parking allowed in this loop. Overflow parking in the bus loop (west side of campus) is permitted. Thank you in advance for respecting these guidelines.
There are still opportunities to help! Spots remain to help with dance set up (1:30-4), ceremony set up (1:30-4), and dance clean up (9:50-10:15).
If you have further questions about the evening, please contact Alifya Vohra (alifya@gmail..com) or Meredith Carrel (email@example.com).
We look forward to a wonderful evening celebrating our 8th Graders!
It is getting …REAL
We NEED YOUR HELP for the celebration to be a success! Please see the following sign up genius for opportunities to donate your time and resources!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d45ada72baa8-8thgrade#/
DONATIONS CAN BE LEFT IN THE OFFICE STARTING THIS WEEK
June 5th - 2-3:30pm - Graduation Rehearsal during the school day at BCS (students only)
June 6th - 1:30-4:00pm - Celebration Set up
June 6th -
- 6:30pm: 8th Grade Celebration Ceremony
- 7:30pm: 8th grade Reception
- 8:00pm: 8th Grade Dance (students only)
7th Grade Parents, Graduation Day
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d45ada72baa8-7thgrade#/
- 2:00-4:00pm: Ceremony Set Up (Gym)
- 12:00-4:00pm: Decorate School
- 2:00-4:00pm: Reception Set Up
Last Day of School: 7/8th grade breakfast (a great sneak peak for 7th graders to see what is to come)
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d45ada72baa8-78#/
- 8:00-11am: Breakfast Set up (cafteria)
- 8:00-11am: Clean up (cafeteria)
- 8:00-11am: Servers (cafeteria)
Questions? Please contact Alifya Vohra (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Meredith Carrel (email@example.com
Current Committee Chairs