Welcome to English 10B!
This course aims to explore the continuing journey of a student’s education through the study of literature, language, and film. The overarching idea for the course will examine “The Adventurous Spirit,” with a specific focus on how the characters in the texts embody that idea. Through the study of diverse literature, both classic and contemporary, students will seek to answer questions such as:
- Why do authors create stories that depict characters traveling on journeys?
- Why and in what ways do people seek to belong to a community?
- What is the value of friendship?
- How is being a student in high school similar to being a drifter on a journey?
- How is one impacted by the journey itself? How is one impacted by the completion of the journey?
- How does the process of writing aid in the process of thinking?
Please follow the links to your left to access important documents and for reminders about important dates.