Attendance email: email@example.com
Attendance line: (248) 203-5000, then press 2.
There are now two ways to report your student(s) absence to our school. Calls may be made to the attendance line at 248.203.5000/Follow prompts for absence reporting. Parents/Guardians may now e-mail the school at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please report your student(s) absence or tardy as soon as possible. The attendance process begins at the beginning of first hour (8:15 am) and continues each class period throughout the day.
- ALL students who will be absent or tardy must be reported by a parent or guardian to the attendance office by 8:10 a.m. each day. Email is preferred to: email@example.com.
- Absences or tardies reported to the Derby attendance office will be recorded as excused (Sending a note to your child's teacher does not excuse your child. Always contact the attendance office in the event of a student absence).
- When calling Derby, please state:
a. Student name and grade
b. Will the student be absent or tardy?
c. How long will the student be absent?
d. Reason for absence or tardiness:
- Appointment (a doctor's note is necessary for your child to be considered Excused Exempt if at orthodontist, dentist, pediatrician, etc)
- Illness (please state the nature of the illness if known, ex: flu, stomach virus, pink eye, strep, etc.)
- Shadowing at a High School
- Religious Holiday
- Extended Absence Requests: Students who have planned absences of more than 2 days need to submit an Extended Absence Request Form to the Derby office to be signed by the Derby principal.