On behalf of the Faculty and Staff of Seaholm High School, I am pleased to invite you to participate in our Parent-Teacher Conferences which will be held this year Wednesday, October 16, 2019, Thursday, December 12, 2019 and Thursday, April 30, 2020 from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
These conferences, which are held three times during the school year, provide an opportunity for parents to meet individually with teachers to communicate about the academic progress of their students. To accommodate the needs of all families, each conference should be limited to three (3) to five (5) minutes. If you desire a more in-depth conference, please email and schedule a meeting with the teacher.
As an attempt to shorten the lines at conferences, we ask that you access your student’s progress via your Power School Parent Portal. You may also email teachers for an update in those classes in which your child is excelling. Using these options prior to conferences may eliminate the need to meet with some teachers.
If you need assistance accessing the Power School Parent Portal, please contact Mrs. Balow at 248-203-3754 or by email at email@example.com
We know that students are best served when parents, teachers, and counselors are all in close communication. Please see the bottom of this letter for staff member conference locations and details.
We look forward to seeing you at our Parent Conference nights or please contact your student’s teachers via email if those dates and times are not convenient for you.
We ask from parents the following:
- Check the on-line grades and attendance prior to coming to conferences.
- Discuss the upcoming conferences with your son/daughter and see if there are any particular topics which he/she would like to have you discuss with a faculty member, or whether an email would be appropriate.
- Bring the names of your student's teachers and the subjects they teach. Students do not attend.
- Feel free to write down discussion questions ahead of time and take notes during the conference to share with your son/daughter.
- Limit your conversation with a teacher to three to five minutes--shorter if possible if there is a line of people waiting. If a lengthy conference is necessary, the teachers will be pleased to set up a subsequent appointment.
- Teachers may require a short break in the midst of conferences. You may be asked to wait a few minutes for their return. Thank you for your understanding.