March Is Reading Month
Dear Parents and Kids,
We are going to have a school-wide Vocabulary Parade for March is Reading Month! Studies have shown that a strong vocabulary is the number one indicator of student success, so let's get going!
Here's the plan:
- Kick Off - March 1st, please view our Power Point explaining our plans for the month and for the parade.
- During the month, kids can do different activities with words:
- Read interesting books
- Complete the Vocabulary Calendar Activities
- Fill out the Vocabulary Work Collection Journals - coming to classrooms
- Try some Miss Alaineus activities from Debra Frasier's website
- Do and create Mad Libs
- Play word games
- Participate in our Book Swap
- And more!
- Vocabulary Parade - On March 29th we will have a school-wide Vocabulary Parade. For this, students will have to select an interesting word and dress up as that word. We will send home more guidelines soon!