For the 2019-2020 school year BPS will continue utilizing PowerSchool Enrollment to manage our online Returning Student Verification Process. The system is a secure and green process, which allows parents and guardians to verify all student parent contact, emergency and medical information for your child prior to the start of the new school year. The system will also allow you to upload documents and electronically sign school district policies.
- Your individual school will provide with you a document through U.S. mail, email or printed copy containing instructions for accessing the system for your student, including a secure “snapcode” for grades K-6 that links directly to your student’s current information on file for verifciation and updates.
- When BPS began to utilize this system at the end of the 2018-2019 school year parents or guardians created an account with their email address on the PowerSchool Registration platform that you will continue to use this year for this process. To make the process easier for families with multiple students, you will have the option to copy all generic family information to all other students in your family. A sample of the Returning Student Letter is available below.(Wording varies by school)
- All Returning Student Verification Process forms are due by June 7, 2019 for students in grades K-6.
- Since the parents of students in grades 7-12 have PowerSchool parent portal accounts you are able to leverage "single sign-on" to access our district Returning Student Verification Process forms. This means you will not have to utiliz a snapcode and the system has linked you to your child already because you already have access to the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Your individual school will provide with you a document through U.S. mail, email or printed copy containing instructions for this process.
- You WILL NOT need a snapcode to complete the online Returning Student Verification Process forms for students in grades 7-12.
- To make the process easier for families with multiple students, you will have the option to copy shared family contact information to all other students in your family.
- All Returning Student Verification Process forms are due by June 7, 2019 for students in grades 7-8.
- All Returning Student Verification Process forms are due by TBD for students in grades 9-12.
Please complete the Returning Student Verififcation Process forms by Friday, June 7, 2019. Your student’s returning student registration will not be complete until the forms have been submitted. If you do not have access to a computer, contact your child’s school and make an appointment to use a school computer to complete the process. This process can also be completed using a smartphone. If you have any further questions, please contact the school office.
The Returning Student Verification Process is for currently enrolled Birmingham Public Schools students.
Advantages of electronic student registration forms
- Optimum registration and enrollment experience for families
- Securely available anywhere with internet access
- More current information
- Forms are pre-populated with data on file for students registering and already enrolled in BPS
- Can be filled out over several sessions: Save and resume if needed
- Share family information between siblings! No more entering duplicate information such as parent contact information for siblings