Athletic DirectorMichael Babcock
248.203.4746Berkshire Middle School takes great pride in our athletics program offered to students at all grade levels. At Berkshire, we believe athletics should be an extension of the classroom. It offers each student an opportunity to develop their physical skills, sportsmanship and team work. It also helps build character through positive and meaningful competition. We encourage all students interested to participate in our sports program.Welcome to a great new season!
Winter II Sports!
Berkshire Winter 1 Sports Update
Winter 1 Sports are coming up!
Berkshire families, as we begin to wrap up our fall sports season, Winter 1 sports are right around the corner. Specifically, Boys Basketball and Girls Swimming will begin November 8th. Following is the registration link and some sport specific information:
Registration Link: https://secure.infosnap.com/family/gosnap.aspx?action=25690&culture=en
- Who can participate:
- Boys Basketball: 7th and 8th grade boys
- IM Basketball (mornings): 6 grade boys
- Girls Swimming: Girls of all grades
- Participants will have to have a physical on file dated on or after April 15, 2021. If you have trouble getting on your doctor’s schedule, physicals can be procured on a walk-in basis for $25 at Emcura Immediate Care - 4050 W Maple Rd #101, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301.
- Physicals may be dropped off at the main office or emailed to Ms. Borovsky at Wborovsky@birmingham.k12.mi.us.
- Start Date: 11/8
- Schedules: Forthcoming from our coaches
- Black Basketball: Brian Baldridge: Bbaldridge@birmingham.k12.mi.us
- Silver Basketball: Scott Bruyneel: Sbruyneel@birmingham.k12.mi.us
- IM Basketball: Scott Bruyneel: Sbruyneel@birmingham.k12.mi.us
- Girls Swim (Black & Silver): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sport Specifics:
- Girls Swim: We have two teams. In order for Coach Knoper to plan out practice and who will be on what team, please fill out the following questionnaire ASAP: https://forms.gle/egoHrEALnXroF6Jj8
- Boys Basketball: Basketball is a cut sport. If we have more than 30 players tryout, cuts will have to be made. Tryouts will be held the week of the 8th. Our top 15 players will play for our “Black” team and our second 15 will play for the “Silver” team.
- Boys IM Basketball: This is where our 6th graders can begin to learn to play organized basketball. Practice days vary but generally are Monday and Wednesday mornings before school from 7 - 8 am. Doors open at 6:50 and lock at 7:10 am.
Sign up for “Berkshire Athletics” Remind: Text the message @9699fg to the number 81010.
6 - 8 Grade Athletics Update
MHSAA Student Athlete Insurance Update:
In an effort to ensure that student-athletes receive the appropriate professional attention for head injuries, the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA), will begin to provide student athletes with additional insurance that is intended to pay accident medical benefits resulting from a suspected concussion when participating in MHSAA covered activities.
Students who are cut from a team during tryouts will receive a full refund of their registration fee. Any student who decides not to participate during the first week of practice (tryout week included) will also receive a full refund. Any student who removes themselves or is removed from a team after the first week of practice for any reason will not be eligible for a refund.
Before each season, check for information on this website, in the Daily Announcements and announcements from Mr. Babcock.
At times, BPS may choose to not provide transportation to and/or from School District athletic events. Where transportation will not be provided by BPS, parents will be given advanced notice that it will be their responsibility to see to it that their student is present at the site and/or returned from the site at the appointed time. Where transportation is not provided, the School District and coaches will not participate in, or assume responsibility for, arranging transportation to and/or from events for students.
***No buses will be provided for Berkshire when competing against Birmingham Covington School or Derby Middle School.***
Interscholastic sports are where our student-athletes compete against other middle schools. Seasons usually last 8-9 weeks and students practice daily. Intramural sports only compete against other classmates from Berkshire. Practices are usually held 3 times a week before school.
Tennis Club operates as an interscholastic sport in that athletes in all grades usually practice every day at the Birmingham Country Club.
Contact:Berkshire Athlectice DirectorMichael Babcockmbabcock@birmingham.k12.mi.usPhone: 248-203-4746