PLEASE NOTE: ALL KIDS CLUB PROGRAMS ARE TEMPORARILY CLOSED, BEGINNING NOVEMBER 16, 2020. WATCH THIS PAGE FOR UPDATES.
Program: Harlan Kids Club provides a safe, comfortable and stimulating environment for kindergartners through fifth graders before and after school. We provide a warm, caring and supervised atmosphere. The children participate in outdoor play, crafts, games, and other activities. Reading, homework and other quiet activities are also provided. The Kids Club program is licensed by the Michigan of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
Hours/Days: Harlan Kids Club is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. until the AM start of school and PM school dismissal until 6:00 p.m. During the 2020-21 school year, extended Kids Club sessions will not be available on school Half-Day sessions. However, regular Kids Club sessions will be available to the cohorts that attend in-person on those days. Kids Club follows the Birmingham Public Schools calendar.
Registration, Tuition and Fees: Details regarding registration and tuition/fees are available in the 2020-21 Kids Club Registration instructions (see link below). All children who attend Kids Club must be registered AND scheduled in advance for sessions each week. No drop-ins allowed. There are no refunds or make-up days allowed for illness, inclement weather closings or closures due to COVID-19. All Kids Club forms must be printed, completed and signed by a parent prior to first scheduled attendance.
Other considerations for this year:
- Enrollment will be limited in order to ensure adequate social distancing as required by district and state licensing guidelines.
- Students' temperatures will be taken upon arrival to Kids Club (both AM and PM sessions) and the district's Clear to Go app screener must be completed.
- Masks will be worn at all times, indoors and outdoors.
- Students from all classrooms will be together in the Kids Club Room (the gym.) We are unable to offer pods according to classroom.
- We will go outside as much as possible, weather permitting.
Contact information: For more information on Harlan's Kids Club program, please contact Angie Righter, CSO, at (248) 203-3284 or ARighter@birmingham.k12.mi.us