Welcome to the Seaholm Athletic DepartmentSeaholm has a proud tradition of athletic excellence. Nearly 1,000 students participate in 35 varsity programs on 64 teams.
High School Sports - COVID Protocols
The athletic program is underway and competitions have resumed. The focus of the return-to-play plan is the safety and well-being of our students. Between the Governor’s Executive Order, MHSAA guidelines and OAA and local BPS standards, all required safety protocols and restrictions will be enforced. We are asking everyone to do their part so that our students will be able to compete this season.
- Spectators at are limited to 2 per participant.
- Attendees must be screened prior to entry.
- All spectators, staff and participants (except swimmers) are required to wear facial coverings at all times.
- Social distancing must be practiced.
- Concession stands are not open at this time.
- The parking lots are open for participants, ticketed spectators and event staff only.
- Please do not come to campus to watch the game from a parking lot or adjacent field.
- All attendees are asked to leave the venue at the conclusion of the event.
Many Seaholm contests (home and away) will be broadcasted live on the NFHS network. This is a subscription-based service. Learn more at https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/seaholm-high-school-birmingham-mi
Physicals - 2020-21 School Year
A pre-participation physical exam (form) is required for any student to participate in interscholastic athletics. In most years, they are required annually. Due to the unusual circumstance, the MHSAA has changed their requirements. This year, a physical exam must be completed (and signed by the provider) on or after April 15, 2019 to be valid for the 2020-21 school year. Families have two options to satisfy the physical examination requirement:
- A physical exam that is completed on or after April 15, 2020 can be submitted. It will be valid for this full school year.
- An exam that was completed between April 15, 2020 and and April 15, 2019 is sufficient as long as the family completes and submits the additional 2020-21 MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire.
All student-athletes fall in to one of the following three categories. The requirement is listed for each.
- If you submitted a physical for athletics at Seaholm last year, simply submit the 2020-21 MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire.
- If you have a physical dated after April 15, 2019 that was not submitted to Seaholm, please submit a copy of that form along with the 2020-21 MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire.
- If you do not have a physical signed after April 15, 2019, please visit your doctor or a local walk-in clinic to complete the pre-participatoin physical form. Submit it to the Seaholm athletic office prior to participation.
Athletic team schedules are posted at www.seaholmsports.org. You can also use the schedule page to find direct links for each team this season. Hint: Visit the schedule site and sign up for email updates. The system will notify you of schedule additions and changes such as cancellations due to the weather.
What Sports Does Seaholm Offer?
High school sports are offered in three distinct seasons in Michigan (Fall, Winter and Spring). The fall season is basically from August to November. Winter season is November through February, and the spring season goes from March until June. Seaholm sports programs for boys and girls by season (along with coach contact information is here.
Team and Individual Pictures
Seaholm athletic team and individual pictures are taken each season by Visual Sports Network. Details about packages and prepayment are available on their pre-order website. Complete and bring it to your team's picture day and time to purchase individual and team photos. If you would like to re-order previous pictures, please contact VSN at (248) 355-9525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.