Join the PTA
This year we are completely online. You can join the PTA at by following THIS LINK.
Your dues support our programming, teacher and facility grants, and include a physical school directory and access to the online directory. Once you have joined, you can also download the Membership Toolkit app for easy access to the directory on your phone.
For the PTA to be effective and truly representative of the school, everyone's participation is essential. We still need room parents to help connect our classes and community.
What is the PTA?
The Parent Teacher Assocciation is a naional organization of families, students, teachers, and
administrators devoted to the educational success of children and the promotion of family
The West Maple PTA is commited to providing an inclusive and collaborative environment that
will enable the best learning and enjoyable experience for our children.
We believe parent participation enhances our capability to make the biggest difference for our
Why should you join PTA?
• Be Involved! At PTA meetings and events, you can raise concerns, suggest ideas, and give
input on how funds are spent.
• Build community! Meet other parents and interact with their families at the many social
events we hope to start having again someday, like the Welcome Back Carnival, Movie
Night, Bingo Night, and tons more!
• Benefit your child(ren)! When parents get connected to the school, children get better grades,
do better on tests, and have fewer discipline problems. When you build relationships with
your child’s teachers, administrators, and office staff, it will be far easier to communicate
about any problem (or victory) that occurs throughout the year.
Where does the money go?
• Modernized furniture to build collaborative learning spaces in every classroom
• Provides $5000 toward Staff grants, reading programs, Google Expeditions
• Pays for teacher requested assemblies that coincide with the curriculum
• Funds Raz kids for kindergarten and first grade and Time for Kids for the entire school
• Promotes fitness through the popular Miler’s Club, Fun Run, and Kids Heart Challenge
• $50 gift cards for every teacher to start off the new year
• Supports programs such as Math Pentathlon, Ba^le of the Books, Book Nook, and Science
• Supports artistic programs to encourage talent outside of the classrooms through the national
PTA Reflections program and the third through fifth grade musical
• Sponsors New Family Welcome Dinner, Welcome Back Breakfast, the Carnival, Wacky Waldo,
Trunk or Treat, Staff Appreciation Week, and many many others!