Hello! Welcome to the homepage for the Big Brother Big Sister mentor program.
What is BBBS?Big Brother Big Sister is a high school transition program to help our ninth grade students adjust to the academic and social rigors of high school. Our mentors offer an orientation to high school day in August and support our ninth grade students throughout their first year at Groves. The BBBS program offers events and activities for our freshmen throughout the school year. Mentors and siblings often develop great friendships and continue to stay in touch after high school. Mentors are upper class students who have demonstrated social and academic maturity in their classes. They are not afraid to step outside of their peer comfort zone to meet a new friend and build others up.Looking for more information? Feel free to stop by B-40 during x-block to talk with Mrs. Torres.
Important BBBS Application Timeline Notes:
1. Teacher Evals to staff member by 3/25
2. Application due in office by 3:00 pm on Wednesday 3/27
3. Check the sign in the front office on 4/18 to see if you made the TRYOUT
4. MANDATORY TRYOUT (if you made 1st cut) on Thursday 4/25 at 7:30 during x-block.
5. Official 2019-2020 mentor list will be posted May 3rd with more information.
6. MANDATORY TRAINING (if you make both cuts) is on 5/24
*Please stop by room B-40 if you have questions*
Trimester 3: Eat out at a restaurant (TBD) and support our program.
Trimester 3: Applications for mentors are available in the main office. They are due no later than March 27th.
MENTORS STAY INFORMED: