West Maple Elementary: engaging and empowering all learners for lifelong success.
West Maple is a community that....
- Promotes authentic learning in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Respects and celebrates cultural diversity.
- Nurtures students to become global citizens of Character.
- Utilizes assessments and data to make informed decisions to guide instruction.
- Meets the needs of diverse learners through research-based best practices.
West Maple Points of Pride
- National Character Award Winner
- Service learning opportunities for every grade level so all students make a connection to those in need.
- Participant in the Friends of the Rouge Project
- Honors Choir chosen to perform on stage at The Fox Theater
- Students earned perfect scores in WordMasters Challenge competition.
- Michigan Evergreen School Award Winner for sixth consecutive year.
- First through fifth grade students won medals at annual Math Pentathlon tournaments.
- Eight student winners in State PTA Reflections Contest and two students went on to National competition.
- Guest readers, such as Attorney General Bill Schuette and Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard, celebrate Reading Month at West Maple
- Created a Celebration of Cultures Day for students to gain an appreciation of various cultures and traditions.