West Maple Elementary: engaging and empowering all learners for lifelong success.
West Maple is a community that....
- Promotes authentic learning in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Respects and celebrates cultural diversity.
- Nurtures students to become global citizens of Character.
- Utilizes assessments and data to make informed decisions to guide instruction.
- Meets the needs of diverse learners through research-based best practices.
West Maple Points of Pride
- Recognized as a National School of Character, 2013 & 2018
- Winner of a Promising Practice award by Character.org
- Service Learning Projects including those with: Michigan Animal Rescue League, Capuchin Soup Kitchen, American Heart Association, Gleaners Community Food Bank, American House, Hispanic Federation, Unidos
- Three State PTA Reflections contest award winners
- 2nd Place team in District Battle of the Books
- 2nd place in Detroit Zoological Society Green Solution contest
- Peacemakers, Links & Peer Mentor programs with student-to-student support provided
- Michigan Evergreen School Award Winner for sixth consecutive year.
- First through fifth grade students won medals at annual Math Pentathlon tournaments.
- Honors Choir performed at Little Ceasars Arena