An expanded day offers elementary and middle-school age students additional learning experiences based on their interests and abilities.
Choice Hour Overview
In an extra period of instruction, students explore a variety of electives that include:
- Performance opportunities in the arts
- Competitive and talent development opportunities in the arts
- Additional academic courses and study support opportunities
- Physical fitness and sports
- Applications of technology
- Experiential learning opportunities
- Clubs and community service
Students in grades 3-8 are required to participate in at least three days of expanded instruction. Most students (approximately 80%) participate each day of the week.
Choice Hour Information
Quarterly Choice Hour booklets are no longer being distributed to students at BCS.
See the calendar for the Quartlerly Choice Hour selection dates and deadlines.
- Course Descriptions, Selection Sheets, and Forms >- Review and print Choice Hour class descriptions, waiver form, drop form, and any application forms for the quarter.
- Procedures and More Details - How to Change / Add / Drop Choice Hour Class, Contact Information, ...
- Student Placement in Choice Hour Classes - How students are assigned to Choice Hour classes.