An expanded day offers elementary and middle-school age students additional learning experiences based on their interests and abilities.
Choice Hour Overview
In an extra period of instruction, students explore a variety of electives that include:
- Performance opportunities in the arts
- Competitive and talent development opportunities in the arts
- Additional academic courses and study support opportunities
- Physical fitness and sports
- Applications of technology
- Experiential learning opportunities
- Clubs and community service
Students in grades 3-8 are required to participate in at least three days of expanded instruction. Most students (approximately 80%) participate each day of the week. Students who do not participate need to be picked up by 3:30pm.
Choice Hour Information
Quarterly Choice Hour booklets are no longer being distributed to students at BCS.
- Course Descriptions, Selection Sheets, and Forms >- Review and print Choice Hour class descriptions, waiver form, drop form, and any application forms for the quarter.
- Procedures and More Details - How to Change / Add / Drop Choice Hour Class, Contact Information, ...
- Student Placement in Choice Hour Classes - How students are assigned to Choice Hour classes.