Welcome New and Returning Families,
Please review our BCS Attendance Policy and Procedures below so you are able to contact the Attendance Office in a timely matter each day your child will be either late or absent for the school day.
Parents/Guardians must email the attendance line at email@example.com (this is the only way to report and absent or tardy) to provide detailed information regarding your students’ absence or tardiness by 8:45 am each day.
Absences or tardies not reported to the BCS attendance office will be recorded as unexcused (please note that sending a note to your child’s teacher does not excuse your child. Always contact the attendance office in the event of a student absence).
In the event of an absence please send a detailed email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Student name and homeroom/academic lab teacher
- Will the student be absent or tardy?
- How long will the student be absent?
- Reason for absence or tardiness:
- Appointment (a doctor’s note is necessary for your child to be considered Excused Exempt if at ortho, dentist, pediatrician, etc.)
- Illness (please state the nature of illness, eg: flu, stomach virus, pink eye, strep, etc.)
- Shadowing at a High School
- Religious Holiday
Don’t forget, Students who have planned absences of more than 4 days need to submit an Extended Absence Request Form at least 2 weeks PRIOR to their planned departure date to the BCS Office to be signed by the BCS principal. Please go to the BPS website to download the form: www.birmingham.k12.mi.us , FAMILIES tab, then Family Guide and Forms and then ATTENDANCE tab on the left. Once you sign and put your phone number on it, either email it back to attendance or print it out and put it in the red basket on the desk in the front office and Kathy Barnas will handle the rest.
Jason Hill Kathy Barnas
Assistant Principal Attendance Administrator