Work Permit Information
Please download the age appropriate work permit below and complete in ink. Once you have fully completed Section I and the employer has fully completed Section II
email the form to Mrs. Rondello (LRondello@birmingham.k12.mi.us). The form will be emailed back to you or you may arrange to pick it up from the main office.
After the last day of school you may continue to use the process above (email only) or hardcopy work permits may be taken to the BEAC at 31301 Evergreen Rd., Beverly Hills, MI 48025 for authorization.
- Work permit for student under the age of 16 years - PRINT IN LANDSCAPE
- Work permit for student age 16 and 17 years
THERE CAN BE NO BLANKS WHEN THE PERMIT IS SUBMITTED. PERMITS WITH MISSING INFORMATION WILL BE RETURNED TO THE STUDENT FOR FULL COMPLETION AND DELAY THE PROCESS.
Updates as of December 6, 2021
- The amended law allows in-person, remote and electronic methods that are acceptable to the school or school district issuing the work permit. As such, all permits may be completely by scans and email.
- The amended law removed the yellow and pink paper distinctions. The act now uses a different means to distinguish work permits for youth under age 16 versus those 16-17 years of age. Landscape for under 16 and portrait for 16-17 years of age.
Minimum Wage Law:
Current Youth minimum wage is: $8.39/hour and $3.75/hour for tipped employees
Please review the list of work activities that you cannot perform as a youth employee for your own personal safety and view the websites below for more Teen Worker Health and Safety Information.
Employment Standards & Workplace Safety (stay safe on your student job!):
- Michigan Department of Education Child Labor Law /Youth Employment website: https://www.michigan.gov/leo/0,5863,7-336-94422_11407_15317-518836--,00.html
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Talking Safety Site: https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/talkingsafety/teaching.html
- Work Place Safety Video: Teen Workers: Real Jobs, Real Risks (Mallory’s Story): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy9YDD1LTiI&feature=youtu.be