Posted by Daniel Brownrigg on 9/17/2018
- Slide Show Request - click on the attachment to see what is needed for the slide show. PLease send your stuff in so the kids can be in the slide show.
- Volunteers Needed
*Upcoming Volunteer positions across the school*
Field Day: https://tinyurl.com/y2aqyat3
Milers Club: https://tinyurl.com/y4hn89mu
- There is ONE permission slips out right now...big graduation party on June 13. Please turn this in as soon as possible with the $45.
- On this page, you will find the information for the goings on in my specific classes. If your child has another fifth grade teacher for a particular subject, please see that teacher’s page for information. Or email them at email@example.com, GHaines@birmingham.k12.mi.us or JCrooks@birmingham.k12.mi.us.
Should you need something or have a question that needs my attention, please feel free to email me at DBrownrigg@birmingham.k12.mi.us.
- We are designing our "Dream Classroom". We are utilizing our knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of fractions and decimals. Plus we are converting measurements and finding volume and area of rooms and furniture. Students also have the ability to redesign a teacher's classroom if they would like instead. They are loving this project!
- The students ability to remember their basic facts will help make this upcoming unit much easier on them, so remember to have them complete their xmath at least three times a week.
- The students have picked groups and a battle book from past years, they will read the book and create a presentation that reviews the main idea of the book and the theme. Once there written work is complete the kids will create a trailer on the book they read.
- Please have your child bring a book to school every day of the school year. They will have opportunities throughout the day to read and enjoy the book that they have chosen.
The students will have Mrs. Crooks for Science this year. If you have any questions or concerns please contact her at JCrooks@birmingham.k12.mi.us.
The kids are working on alchol, tobacco and other drugs. We will be working on the Power of Choice-making good decisions.
- We are getting into the Revolutionary War and then end with the Constitution. This will wrap up our Social Studies lessons for the year.
- June 6th-Field Day Rain Day Make up
- June 7th- Spirit Day-Flip Flop Day
- June 10th-Fiesta
- June 13- All Day 5th Grade Graduation Party
- June 14- Breakfast/Graduation starting at 8:15
Special’s Schedule from 9:15-10:00 everyday
A Days- Art
B Days- Music
C Days- P.E.
D Days- Spanish
On B Days we also have Spanish from 1:05-1:50
Band and Orchestra are on A and C days Monday thru Thursday from 2:50-3:35
Lunch is from 12:10-12:50 Daily
Allergy Alert! We have students in the 5th grade this year with allergies to peanuts and tree nuts. As we switch classes so often, the entire 5th grade is NUT FREE. You may send in a snack for your child to eat during our celebration!
CELL PHONE SCHOOL POLICY: Cell phones are to remain in the student's backpack until the end of the school day. They are not to be in the classrooms or on the student unless they are being used for instructional purposes. If a student is found with a phone, it will be taken to the office until the end of the school day.
Students are not to be in the building in the morning, prior to the bell. Students found roaming the halls or in unsupervised classrooms will be sent to Kids Club.