Classroom Rules & Procedures
In order to have the best possible learning environment, it is necessary for each student to be responsible for his or her own conduct. The following rules and procedures will be in place to ensure a cooperative environment to teach and learn.
- Respect others. Students must be able to learn and the teacher must be able to teach.
- Enter room quietly and without commotion.
- Passes out of the classroom must be written in an agenda or a pass sheet.
- Bathroom passes will only be allowed during work time and not during direct instruction. Fill out a pass in your agenda and ask the teacher.
- Due to the greater use of technology, students are expected to adhere to the rules and procedures outlined in Derby’s technology-use policy.