Many thanks to all the amazing gardeners who volunteer from Spring to Fall! In 2018 we grew a variety of heirloom tomatoes, eggplant, radishes, lettuce, kale, onions, peppers, green beans, peas, squash, and spinach. We grew and donated over 300 pounds of produce to local food banks!
Many thanks to:
- Telly's Greenhouse and Garden Center on John R in Troy
- ACE Hardware (13 Mile and Southfield Rd.)
- Franklin Garden Club
- Main's Lanscape and Supply
- Birmingham Education Foundation (BEF)
- Berkshire PTA
- BPS Grounds Crew
- Mr. Ed's Tree Care and Mike's Tree Surgeons
- Berkshire's Proud Dads Club
- Eight Eagle Scout Projects to date!
SPECIAL THANKS goes to:
- Jolie Vassel-Beasley - our most dedicated volunteer! Jolie tended our garden an average of 1 hour each day this summer to ensure our garden's success!
- The many dedicated volunteers- students, families, Berkshire staff and community members who help out throughout the growing season-- weeding, harvesting and delivering donated produce
- Telly's Greenhouse and Garden Center in Troy for generously donating seedlings
- BEF-Birmingham Education Foundation for providing a grants to help finance Eagle Scout projects
- ACE Hardware (13 Mile and Southfield- Beverly Hills) for donating seeds, equipment and discounts
- Eagle Landscaping and Supply in Southfield on Lahser, for donating 3 yards of their Eagle Garden planting mix soil
- Mike's Tree Surgeons of Troy for donating wood chips for the walking paths
- Berkshire’s PTA for their continued support with monetary donations to cover garden equipment
- Berkshire's Proud Dad's Club for sponsoring the Fall and Spring clean up, organizing the garden shed and helping with projects
- Eagle Scout Projects-- to date there have been seven major projects completed by Groves students
- BPS Grounds crew for their continued support